This week has been a busy week thus far with us. We started off on Sunday attending Miss Emery's birthday bash at Chuck-E-Cheese's. When we told Evan we were going to go there, he said "Just like on T.V.?" I guess he pays more attention that we thought.
Emery's party was hectic to say the least, but you know kids love it that way. They all had a blast. Emery was great and in her comfort zone with all of the kids. Her goodie bags for the children were even striking of her personality - exactly what she wanted, chocolate pudding and pop rocks. An interesting mix, but my kids loved it none the less.
Monday was also fairly busy for us. Damien had a pretty good sized dental appointment. He has what is called "yellowed enamel" on the permanent teeth in the back of his mouth, three of which are easily fixed, the fourth will need to be nearly completely reconstructed. Monday, he had the three easy ones fixed, and sealed to prevent it from occuring again.
He handled it better than we thought he would - he isn't much for Dentists, but this dentist, Dr. Hemberger in Overland park, is great. They even have T.V.'s upside down in the exam rooms so the kids can watch their favorite tv show while getting their teeth fixed. I think that helps A LOT.
Tuesday was any other day, except we had a family baby shower for one of my sister-in-laws, Ruthann. She will be popping this baby out any day between now and two or three weeks from now. He is a big baby boy - the first boy for them - so it is great. We are very happy for them. I personally think this baby will be a 9 pounder - we'll see how close I am to the actual weight once he is born.
The kids and I had a blast when shopping for little Cameron Thomason - Damien even picked out some cute little socks for him. Eventually, I had to just stop myself from buying anymore - I had so much fun, but enough was enough!..
This was our week in a nutshell. I am excited for next week to get here, we have a lot going on then too -
Evan will start soccer practice next Thursday, I will have an Ultrasound on Friday to finally find out the sex of this little baby I have, and we will have muffins for moms at Damien's school! WOO HOO! Doesn't really sound like much, but I've been looking forward to all of them for a while! Oh, and Damien has Spring picture day on Monday at school, so that will be great.
Today is a snow day, again, so I am off to watch Happy Feet for the 45th time with the kids, since we are inhouse for the day. We will also be tending to our stuffy/runny noses, and couches - those couches don't get sat on enough, so we will have to make it up to them today. ;)