


Yep, I'm pregnant. 16 weeks thus far -
Right now, I am feeling the baby move quite a bit, and loving every minute of it. I am anticipating two things with this pregnancy. First, that my kids and husband will be able to feel the baby move soon as I have for a few weeks now; and second is that I have a good outcome with my Ultrasound scheduled on February 29th with my doctor.
Since I work in the Radiology department at work, (actually in Interventional Radiology) where we have an Ultrasound machine to ourselves - we've confiscated it a couple of times to take Ultrasound pictures of this baby - first, we did it around 10 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks. We haven't been able to determine sex thus far.
Dan also had a procedure on his legs last Friday called the EVLA procedure (not sure what it means, the doc just kept calling it that) - but it's where he cauterized the bad blood flow veins in Dan's leg to make the blood flow the way it is supposed to instead of pooling at his feet like it was.
Anyway, the doctor handed me his pager just before starting the procedure and told me to answer his pages. He knows I work at the hospital and am capable of doing such, so I suppose he just felt the need to give me a task.
I answered the page twice, which were nothing more than a nurse reporting labs to the doc on a patient he had in the hospital. So, it was no big deal - no emergency - but I still felt as though I was not going to volunteer my skills to him, especially since we were paying him to do this procedure on Dan.
So, I straight up told the doc that he could, in turn, do me a favor - and tell me the sex of this baby! He was already using an Ultrasound machine there in the office to look at Dan's veins before beginning - all he needed to do was gel me up and change the depth reading on the machine. So, after the procedure (which went well, by the way) and before the doc had to go take out a gall bladder at Menorah, he scanned me.
We saw the cute little head, and whole body - we even saw where the legs meet the body - but could not see any dadgum sex organs!! ARGH!
This only makes me additionally determined once we have the official Ultrasound. I've heard people tell me equally their theories on the sex of this baby -
Honestly, I am feeling like this baby is a little baby girl. Don't ask me how or why, I just feel that way.
So, here are a few pictures of the Ultrasounds we've already taken and a shot of my latest belly pic.