Ok, so I just posted a few pictures of Isaac that I took today - but then I got to thinking and decided to also post a little something about the daily occurences in our household...
First off, the eldest boys are taking to Isaac very well - both have become proficient paci-poppers. If they see the need in Isaac having a pacifier in his mouth, crying or otherwise, they are both very good at popping that joker back in there.
Evan LOVES playing with the bouncy seat and swing. Any time of the day you can find Evan turning the swing on, playing the music, pushing buttons, or swinging the swing in general. He loves "helping" when Isaac is in the swing. The bouncy seat got a taste of how big Evan is last night when he plopped down into it. He even went so far as to grab a blanket of Isaac's, sat down in the bouncy seat, turned it on vibrate, and leaned back to relax with his finger in his mouth. Gee, why do you think he's doing such a thing??
He got a few comments about it from me - and eventually got up from the chair. Thank goodness it was still in good working order when he finally decided to go get ready for bed.
Damien will sit in the back seat next to Isaac's car seat and periodically paci-pop while singing his very cute rendition of "You are my sunshine". He is quite the big brother.
Damien also held Isaac for me last night while I went and changed a load of laundry. I think Damien's biggest fear of holding Isaac is the very well known baby spit up that happens from time to time.
Damien quivers with fear over the spit-up - so scared it will hit him if it happens while Isaac is within a 10 mile radius.
As for Isaac, he is getting used to the sounds and happenings of the Campbell house. He's growing rapidly, so much so that I'm getting excited for his next weigh in at the doctor's office tomorrow morning.
My milk supply has either depleated, or his need has very much increased. So, I'm spending my days (and sometimes nights) at the ol' breast pump - hoping to increase my supply and meet today's demand.
Maybe I could look into some off-shore drilling...
Little Isaac will be 3 weeks old tomorrow, and it just seems like yesterday that he was born. Time certainly flies, however, I'm thankful that we are finally starting to get into the swing of things - and maybe, just maybe get into a routine.
School will start back up in a week or so for Damien, so that will help on the routine front - next week Damien will spend the whole week at home with Isaac and I while Evan will still get to go to school - and begin transitioning into the 5 year old classroom.
We'll go get pictures taken of all 3 boys next week too - it will be the first of many portraits of them all together, and hopefully will be pretty darn cute, especially now that Isaac doesn't have any signs of Jaundice anymore...
I'll be sure and post some of those photos once we get them.