Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My pregnancy



Hello,
Well - I am 24 weeks pregnant now, and haven't really mentioned it much on my blog. All is going normally with the pregnancy, so I feel as though other things may be more important to talk about on here - like the two kids I already have and their activities.
When I was pregnant with Evan, I called him a fish. When he would move around in utero, he would make the same movements over and over again, just like fish do. This time, I am calling this little boy a monkey. He is VERY active and unpredictable with his movements. I feel him 20 times a day, and each time is in a different spot in my tummy - and the movements are various in nature. Sometimes it is a flat out kick, while others a rubbing of an elbow or shoulder.
During my last doctor's appointment, the doc told me that this baby was in the 68th percentile for his size at the point in time of my Ultrasound - which was performed at 19 weeks. Evan was always in the 95th percentile. Heck, he even measured 2 weeks ahead of his gestational age, making the doc change my due date. This baby is 68th percentile, and measuring within 3 days of the gestational age - meaning, he is spot on.
My theory - he will be smaller than Evan was at birth. My projection is around 8lbs.
If this baby continues to grow in the 68th percentile range - a newborn in this percentile is 8lbs. So, I'm shooting for that.
Well, I also took some pics of myself this morning - and thought I'd share this monstrocity they call a baby bump.